[Wikimedia-l] Resend: The soft underbelly of the WP: the sponsored private fiefdoms that thrive in the blind spots

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Jul 23 11:41:43 UTC 2013

> I use Flickr as an example, but is it not the firwst time that I have
> come
> across this type of behaviour.
> And so, tiny cliques and coteries flourish like fiefdoms in the blind
> spots
> of the mechanisms created to ensure that we all strive for the same
> principes. What is worse, there are big players behind this all. In an
> age
> when the so-called 'big media' is already overwhelmingly in the service
> of
> 'big business', we owe to ourselves to keep them out of the WP.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rui Correia.

Well, it is hardly the first time any of us of have encountered possible
conflict of interest. For example, there is no article on Wikipedia with
the title "processed food." Try to create one and watch and learn...

All I can say is that we do our best in a difficult environment.
Corporations, political movements, and nation states, have substantial
budgets and talent is out there for the hiring.

Fred