[Wikimedia-l] The soft underbelly of the WP: the sponsored private fiefdoms that thrive in the blind spots

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:16:58 UTC 2013

Thanks, David. Much appreciated.

For what it is worth, I am part of two Yahoo! Groups mailing lists for
translators, which I receive via GM - from the one I get back my own email,
from the other not. Go figure.

Regards,

Rui

On 23 July 2013 13:10, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 July 2013 12:07, Rui Correia <correia.rui at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've have my setting on "receive copy of own emails", but did not receive
> > this email that I sent out. Can someone please confirm?
>

> It went out. What you're seeing is that GMail refuses to show you
> messages you sent to a list, even if you really want it to. This is
> GMail being "helpful".
>
> If you want to check a message went out, check the archive:
>
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/
>

> - d.

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Work Consultant
Bridge to Angola - Angola Liaison Consultant

Mobile Number in South Africa +27 74 425 4186
Número de Telemóvel na África do Sul +27 74 425 4186