[Wikimedia-l] Feedback for the Wikimedia Foundation

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Mon Jul 22 20:17:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I found the vote to be a poll here:
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Opinielokaal#Tijdelijk_uitschakelen_visuele_tekstverwerker
(some
50 people voted in favor of hiding the visual editor from all editors).
Romaine seems (I only scanned it quickly) to have summarized the gist of
the atmosphere correctly. To be totally clear: the poll is to make the
visual editor *invisible*, with an opt-in for testing purposes. I am
assuming this was to be achieved through either not rolling it out on
nlwiki, or through js/css.

I must say I find especially this email very unspecific with regards to
what would exactly be the problems. The poll gives more specific examples
(although I myself don't really agree this weighs against the advantages,
clearly for many they are significant enough).

Best,
Lodewijk