[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: The most controversial topics in Wikipedia: A multilingual and geographical analysis

Anders Wennersten mail at anderswennersten.se
Mon Jul 22 15:17:47 UTC 2013

I see the difference on the different version as most interesting and to
have some insight into Arabic version, I have not had before

On a "small version" like sv:wp we are very used to "steal with pride"
content from other versions, primary en:wp but also de:wp and others and
we do this especially for controversial subjects that are not specific
for a country/culture. But are en:wp and other big versions doing the
same? It is very refreshing for a clinched discussion to start with an
almost all new textversion.

Also I wonder over articles like Homeopathy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy which seems to be in top of
controversies. Would it be an idea to compile an unverisal article with
help from different versions, ie do we really utilize the power of us
having many versions and many experts?

Anders