[Wikimedia-l] Use of YouTube videos in fundraising banners

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Wed Jul 17 10:26:31 UTC 2013

Dear Victor,

Thank you for the great explanation. I myself have often experienced
problems with the videos on Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons, especially on a
mobile device. So if youtube makes it (realistically) possible that people
can our videos, I am fine with that. You pointed out rightly that Wikipedia
articles have external links too, although the analogy may not fit 100%.

Sometimes discussions about FLOSS reminds me of some Esperanto speakers who
prefer it if communication does not happen at all, if in the wrong language
(such as English)...

Kind regards
Ziko

Ziko van Dijk
voorzitter / president Wikimedia Nederland
deputy chair Wikimedia Chapters Association Council

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht
http://wikimedia.nl