[Wikimedia-l] SUL (Single User Login) to be enabled on all wikis on Wednesday July 17th

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 15 23:45:58 UTC 2013

On Wednesday July 17th we will be enabling a new centralized login
service to make the login experience for users more streamlined.

What do this mean for you? When you log in to any Wikimedia project
wiki, you will be actually logged into a central domain
(login.wikimedia.org), which will in turn log you into all of the other
wikis as needed.

Additionally, there will now no longer be the "Login Success" page, but
instead you will be automatically redirected to the page you came from.

You can see the full rollout plan for this here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Auth_systems/SUL2#Rollout_Plan

Best,

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |