[Wikimedia-l] The GAC wants you!

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Sat Jul 13 16:09:57 UTC 2013

2013/7/13 rupert THURNER <rupert.thurner at gmail.com>:

> i used "imperfect people", "core wikipedia people" and "typical
> content providing person" in the last paragraphs, which probably needs
> a little explanation. wikipedia is built traditionally by imperfect
> volunteers, error-prone, partially educated, school or university drop
> outs, poor in project management, time management, financial
> management, constantly failing, redoing, miscalculating. the current
> process specifically targets these people with great accuracy and
> punishes them. it attracts a different type of person, and with it [...]

Imperfect people: if there is some irony in the use of the word
"imperfect" in yout definition as compared to the perfect ones, your
definition is very funny. Mainly in a cultural context where it is
embarassing to show our natural imperfection. :)

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKF Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre