[Wikimedia-l] Staff Images

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 22:54:13 UTC 2013

And what happened to 'assume good flavor'... I mean faith! Assume Good
Faith! I am sure that Rory has only the best intentions. But it is true
that his message could be misinterpreted.

I think we should all take a step back and try our very best not to eat
each other. I'm sure that if they don't meet over lunch -- and perhaps
ensure the expedient measure of living on different floors -- Rory and Tux
can be professional colleagues, with the same mission of delicious,
delicious (fish-flavored?) free knowledge.

-- phoebe

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Cynthia Ashley-Nelson
<cindamuse at gmail.com>wrote:

> Stripes. Yeah, right. Clearly, Rory is wearing tats of their own. Totally
> covered in 'em! I'm calling foul. "Delicious, organic friends"... I wanna
> see a photo of Tux to verify life.  Something's not right here.
>

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Rory <roaaaary at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > First, I want to make clear that I express no opinion on the ink
> > conversation. I respect the diverse points of views in our community. I
> > understand that everyone has their own stripes.
> >
> > That said, I am deeply saddened and frankly shocked by allegations voiced
> > by certain people in this thread that somehow I would consider eating
> Tux,
> > the official mascot of the Linux kernel.
> >
> > As a supporter of the free knowledge movement, I hunger for role models
> > like Tux.  Penguins are known for their outstanding qualities[1], and,
> > showing my good taste, I recognize that my small LCA Foundation profile
> [2]
> > hardly matches the prominent recognition of Tux’s Wikipedia article. [3]
> > accordingly decided long ago that Tux was off the menu.
> >
> > To the contrary, I offer my paw in friendship to Tux.  Some say that open
> > source animals are full of bugs, turning them into organic delights. I do
> > support organic meats. I mean friends. Organic friends.
> >
> > Delicious, organic friends.
> >
> > I am really hungry now.  (I’m not allowed to eat legal interns
> anymore.[4])
> >  Tux, let’s get together soon, real soon, maybe over lunch.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> >  Rory
> >
> > Mascot,
> > Legal and Community Advocacy
> >

> > *Disclaimer:*
> > I cannot give legal advice because I am not licensed to practice law. I
> am
> > also a stuffed toy animal without human intelligence.
> >

> > [1]
> >
> http://chicago.grubstreet.com/2008/05/what_does_penguin_meat_taste_l.html
> >
> > <
> http://chicago.grubstreet.com/2008/05/what_does_penguin_meat_taste_l.html
> > >

> > [2] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Rory<
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux>
> >
> > [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux
> >
> > [4]
> >

> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Church,_Frederick_Stuart_-_Church_Tiger_having_eaten_professor_-_1905_-_large.jpg

> Best regards,
>
> Cynthia Ashley-Nelson
> "Yes. *Her again.*"

* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *