[Wikimedia-l] "How I got addicted to Wikipediocracy…"

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Thu Jul 11 07:31:11 UTC 2013

Le 2013-07-11 01:14, Tomasz W. Kozlowski a écrit :
> … writes Amanda Filipacci, the writer behind the recent Wikipedia
> novelists sexism scandal:
>
> <http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/07/10/my-strange-addiction-wikipedia/>.
>
> I'm not sure if it's still funny or maybe already depressing.

To me it sounds like a "let's blame a single (communication) tool as
the root of all society problems", while the tool just give more
visibilities to some tragic consequences of broader social dynamics.

I may as well make a diatrib on how blogs and novels, whose growth is
contributed by Amanda Filipacci behaviour, can lead to social disorders
and drama. Index Librorum Prohibitorum, we miss you so much.

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/