[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] (Announcement) Ana Toni Announced as New Wikimedia Foundation Board Member

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Jul 9 10:42:27 UTC 2013

Welcome Ana!

(while everyone is assuming Ana is already subscribed to this list, I will
do the same. i hope that when this thread lies down a bit, someone will
forward it of course :) )
We have always heard a lot about Greenpeace, and as you probably know, it
was often used as an example in our strategic discussions how we would like
to develop as a movement (the amount of centralization). I look forward to
your involvement on those discussions as we're slowly moving towards a new
strategic cycle for the Wikimedia Foundation, and I hope you will be bold
enough a person to simply join, even if you may feel somewhat 'new' for the
first ten years ;-).

Very practically: when exactly does your term officially start her term?
Will that be at the coming board meeting in Hong Kong, or afterwards? I
hope you will have the opportunity of meeting many community members in
Hong Kong!

Best,

Lodewijk Gelauff