[Wikimedia-l] WMF response to PRISM?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 22:38:22 UTC 2013

I made some concrete suggestions on that talk page which would
acknowledge the support so far for taking a stand, while making it
clear that our interest is in a global effort to keep the web open,
not something limited to any one nation.

We should feel comfortable making those sorts of global statements
about what matters to our vision of access to the toolchain of
knowledge - not only access to raw data and free tools for recompiling
and viewing it, but the ability to read and contribute anonymously.
Without all of those things, many groups and cross-sections of the
world will be unable to share what they know and discover information
that they need.

Sam.

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266