[Wikimedia-l] Let's report and learn from non-successes (more often)

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 4 00:05:49 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

I wanted to remind us all of the importance of learning from when our plans
and efforts don't succeed, whether due to mistakes or just an experimental
hypothesis turning out to not be the case.

We at the Wikimedia Foundation have had such an experiment a few months
ago, and an idea we thought had potential turned out to have none of the
hoped-for impact.  We wrote it up and drew some (I think) interesting
learning points from it, including possibly next steps for those who may
want to experiment along similar lines.

The learning is featured in a Wikimedia Blog post here:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/07/02/english-wikipedia-editor-pilot-philippines/

which also links to the full report on Meta.  I am also pleased at the
discussion the blog post has already generated.

Cheers,

   Asaf

--
    Asaf Bartov