[Wikimedia-l] [Chapters] 40 000 free media supported by Wikimedia France

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at wikimedia.fr
Wed Jul 3 08:29:22 UTC 2013

Hey everyone,

Today, a french contributor informed us that this morning he uploade
the 40 000th file on commons in the "media supported by Wikimedia
France" category
(http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Media_supported_by_Wikimedia_France)

The file is a picture of the Solidays festival stage in Paris
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Solidays_2013_-_La_sc%C3%A8ne_Paris_-_030.jpg

This program started few years ago, in 2007, when we asked for
accreditations for french contributiors to music festival, and then
for the political rallies during the 2007 presidential election.

Through the years we have supported more and more users to get press
accreditations. We went one step further by buying photo material,
owned by the chapter, and lent to contributors.

I just wanted to let you know about this milestone that is really
really cool for us :)

Best,

Christophe HENNER | Vice-chair
› Mail : christophe.henner at wikimedia.fr