[Wikimedia-l] Office hours

Maggie Dennis mdennis at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 26 13:03:24 UTC 2013

Hi, Rui.

Nothing to pardon. I'd have been asking that question myself not too
awfully long ago. :)

Occasionally, staff members of the Wikimedia Foundation or other groups,
such as chapters, go on IRC to chat with members of the communities that
work on Wikipedia and the other projects we support.[1] Sometimes there is
a set agenda, if there is something that needs particular focus, but often
- as with today's meeting - there is not. It's just an opportunity to ask
questions of staff (or other groups) and to learn a bit from the questions
that others ask and the answers to those questions. It's generally pretty
informal.

If you can't attend the session but are interested in what takes place in
it, you can still review the logs after the fact. These are placed on
Meta.[2]

Maggie

[1] If you aren't familiar with IRC (Internet Relay Chat), there is
information about how to use it at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#How_to_participate

[2] The logs can be found here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#Office_hour_logs To read
them, click on the date of the session in the list. :)

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM, Rui Correia <correia.rui at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Maggie,
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is "office hours"?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rui
>
> On 25 January 2013 22:15, Maggie Dennis <mdennis at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello, all.
> >
> > Just a reminder that Sue Gardner, the Wikimedia Foundation's Executive
> > Director, is doing an IRC office hours on Saturday January 26 at 18:30:00
> > UTC. There is not currently an agenda set for the meeting, but I will
> > update the particulars on Meta if that changes. Please see
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#Upcoming_office_hoursfor
> > particulars.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Maggie
> >
> > --
> > Maggie Dennis
> > Community Liaison
> > WikimediaFoundation.org

> Rui Correia
> Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Work Consultant
> Bridge to Angola - Angola Liaison Consultant
>
> Mobile Number in South Africa +27 74 425 4186
> Número de Telemóvel na África do Sul +27 74 425 4186

Maggie Dennis
Community Liaison
WikimediaFoundation.org