[Wikimedia-l] Using the Wikipedia logo for Wikimedia South Africa projects

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 26 06:43:12 UTC 2013

That's right.  We should probably send a reminder/refresher to all chapters
and groups about this.  The address does appear in the [[wmf:Trademark
policy]] page.

And for further clarity -- WMZA need not be a party to the trademark
agreement, if it doesn't make sense.  The city of Johannesburg, or whatever
subsidiary body is actually producing and placing the plaques, is the
entity that needs permission, and the one that should seek it.  (WMZA can,
of course, help and advise!)

Cheers,

   A.