[Wikimedia-l] Legal and Community Advocacy Office Hours Tuesday 18:00 UTC

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 22 17:37:32 UTC 2013

Reminder that this happens in about 25 minutes...

A note from the legal and community advocacy team:

______________________

*Hi everyone,

We are happy to spend the next hour talking about issues facing the Legal
and Community Advocacy Department.

People are free to raise any topics, but some relevant recent subjects may
include the following:

1.  The ongoing community consultation on the proposed conflict of interest
guidelines:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Guidelines_on_potential_conflicts_of_interest&
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/01/04/wikimedia-community-input-requested-for-conflict-of-interest-guidelines/

2.  The naming of thematic organizations and user groups:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/01/18/naming-of-new-wikimedia-movement-entities/

3.  The recent dismissal of the case that Internet Brands filed against two
Wikimedians and WMF’s support of their defense; and the court’s denial of
Internet Brands motion to dismiss in the case brought by WMF:
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/11/28/update-to-internet-brands-travel-site-lawsuit/&
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/12/17/state-court-overrules-internet-brands-demurrer/

4.  Recent court victories in Germany and France:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/12/04/two-german-courts-rule-in-favor-of-free-knowledge-movement/

5. Trademark licensing:
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/11/02/licensing-at-the-wikimedia-foundation/

6.  Upcoming plans 2013