[Wikimedia-l] 2013 Stewards Election - candidate submission closes in a week

Benjamin Chen bencmqwiki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:08:52 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I'd like to inform everyone that Steward Election 2013 [1] has now begun. Self-nominations from eligible candidates is open since 15 January. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and procedure to submit the nomination on the guidelines page [2]. We are open to accept candidate submissions till January 28, 2013, 23:59 (UTC). Questions to the candidates can also be posted.

Confirmation of existing stewards [3] is scheduled to run concurrently with the election.

Please remember, the voting and confirmation discussion have not yet begun and will be not until February 8, 2013, 00:00 (UTC). Voters eligibility is outlined at the guideline page as well.

For those who want to help us out with translation, please see our translation portal [4]. Your contribution is really appreciated. If you have any questions or comments about the election and confirmation, feel free to post on the talk page, or the IRC channel #wikimedia-stewards-elections.

Lastly, do feel free to forward this email and inform your local community. There is only slightly more than 1 week before candidate submission closes.

[1] Election main page:
 - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Stewards/Elections_2013
[2] Guidelines and information:
 - https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Stewards/Elections_2013/Guidelines