[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia ED Sue Gardner named to Global Voices Board of Directors (MZMcBride)

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 21:43:12 UTC 2013

Philippe Beaudette wrote, in response to:
>> http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposal:Reporter_Reimbursement_Program
> I'm not sure that link makes the point you wish to make, James.
> For instance, you note that it has NO supporting signups?

Per http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Proposals_by_level_of_discussion
only three of the nineteen proposals which are listed in the first
through fifth level of discussion attained signups: "Wikimedia social
networking platform", "Stop using wikis for tasks for which wikis are
not suitable", and "Brand name consolidation", which each got exactly
one signup, some of which appear to be from the proposals' authors.

What we really need to know is how the Foundation measures support for
community proposals. Could you please explain that?

My informal tally suggests that the Foundation gives its most serious
consideration to community proposals which are discussed on this list.