[Wikimedia-l] Harvard urges Elsevier boycott

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 15 21:15:10 UTC 2013

http://aubreymcfato.com/2013/01/15/how-to-exploit-academics/ is a brief and
amusing analogy to what the academic publishing racket is like.  It's
particularly poignant in that it really is the case because academics put
up with it, and for no other reason.

(of course, for them to stop putting up with it, a significant minority
would have to lay their careers, or existing reputations, on the line.
 Hence the inertia.)

   A.