[Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage launch: why no blog post or press release?

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Jan 15 21:07:20 UTC 2013

Hi,

maybe it would be good to consider at some point in the near future the
timing of press releases, embargoes etc - keeping our international climate
in mind. Unfortunately SF is quite at the far edge of timezone-land, and
when we want to announce something on a certain date, that can indeed be
confusing this way. We faced the same problems at Wiki Loves Monuments
(where we mostly used European timezones, as the vast majority of the
countries was in that), and some good thoughts about the general issue
would definitely be welcome. Maybe not today though.

Best,

Lodewijk