[Wikimedia-l] Harvard urges Elsevier boycott

Everton Zanella Alvarenga ezalvarenga at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 15 01:06:45 UTC 2013

Don't worry, Richard, this news is now hot, but the situation din't
progress that much from what it could be.

We have the Busapest Open Access Initiative since 2002
<http://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/openaccess/read>. We can find
videos of professor Jean-Claude Guédon, one of the person who wrote
this initiative one decade ago, explaining in details the logics
behind all this.

The publish (on closed journals) or perish still reigns in the
academia, so it is very important we explain the importance of
knowledge to be free for every single person we meet. Still a lot to
do.

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more