[Wikimedia-l] Portuguese Wikipedia at the mercy of a few rogue editors

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 15:37:56 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues

Let me start off by pointing out the fact that I am never sure about
exactly what issues are handled on this list and secondly when are the
issues of a specific language Wikipedia handled among that community and
when are they (these issues) - if ever - handled at a higher level
(Wikipedia top level).

There are a number of rogue elements that everybody has given up crossing
swords with, and wherever these elements go, everybody stays away. One
specific member has a track record a mile long of complaints against him,
has been blocked many times, but does not learn and has in fact
demonstrated that he has no intention to learn.

Ask the more involved members about these rogue elements and ask also about
the top-notch editors that have been abandoning the project in recent
times.

It is no use leaving this to be addressed by the Portuguese WP, as they
have so far not been able to deal with these elements.

Do a search for the word "panelinha" (the "clique"/ "coterie" among the
discussion archives ad you will see how often RESPECTED editors complain
about this inner circle/ clique of repeat abusers who thrive on power and
discord, spending their days undoing what others do.

Until there are firm rules in place to ban these rogues, WP Portuguese will
keep on bleeding its best.

I have collected a number of links with countless discussions/ warning
about the editor I referred to above - all in Portuguese, naturally - which
I can pass on to anyone who wants to look into this. I do hope someone
does.

Best regards,

Rui

--
Rui Correia

Mobile Number in South Africa +27 74 425 4186
Número de Telemóvel na África do Sul +27 74 425 4186