[Wikimedia-l] Lsjbot has now started to generate 1-1, 5 M articles of species on sv:wp

Anders Wennersten mail at anderswennersten.se
Sat Jan 12 11:20:35 UTC 2013

Andrew Gray skrev 2013-01-12 11:58:
> On 11 January 2013 16:45, Anders Wennersten <mail at anderswennersten.se> wrote:
> Wow!
>
> Very interested to see you got community support for this - normally
> it's sharply the other way around.
We had a very lengthy dissusion of course with all the common arguments.
We were and are as negative as all others to the botgeneration of
articles from other language versions as was done around 2008. During
our discussion we evolved the concept quite a bit (special templates,
categories, messages on talk page etc). Also for us the precedence and
experience  from nl:wp was important

We also had two  successful runs in 2012, not only birds as was
mentioned, but also of 30 000 articles for French communes (also with
data taken from primary sources, Commons and iw links to other language
versions)

Anders