[Wikimedia-l] Blog: Virtual Learning Environment

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Fri Jan 11 17:33:19 UTC 2013

Thanks Andrew, that's very helpful. Makes a lot more sense now!

Stevie

On 11 January 2013 17:23, Andrew Gray <andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11 January 2013 17:05, Stevie Benton <stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk>
> wrote:
> > Fooling aside, I have updated the text. It should me much clearer now.
> But
> > I still don't know what a transclusion function is.
>
> Dynamically taking content from site A in order for it to appear
> seamlessly in site B; in effect, what we do on MediaWiki with
> {{templates}}.
>
> --
> - Andrew Gray
>   andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

Stevie Benton
Communications Organiser
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*