[Wikimedia-l] telenor and serbia, india, ... experiences after one year?

rupert THURNER rupert.thurner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:54:57 UTC 2013

hi kul,

thanks, i am already curious for the news! i have a hard time to
understand e.g. malaysia numbers as there is no point of comparison
like total over time. especially an absulute number of page views, or
users would be really great.

for orange in africa, the numbers are indeed interesting. just let me
repeat them, roundet to tousand page views per month and the growth
from june to september 2012:
		orange		rest
niger		 7(+4)		   60(+3)
kenya		50(+20)		4'000(-300)
%orange		12%		1.5%

in kenya there are 300 thousand less page views a month within 4
months time. and orange has 20T more. interesting strategy of orange,
they seem to roll it out in countries where their market share does
not live up to the usual "orange standard" :)  and what is with the
other 99% of kenyan mobile users?

rupert