[Wikimedia-l] Featuring the edit tab in Vector (by making it red)

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Jan 9 18:55:11 UTC 2013

2013/1/9 Jan Kučera <kozuch82 at gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> everybody speaks here about editor retention and how we dont know the
> reasons for editing decline. What about highlighting the the edit tab some
> special color (maybe red) like this:

Similar things were done in Wikipedias in several languages.

The edit link is bold in Catalan (ca), Basque (eu) and Croatian (hr).
It is even more emphasized in Low German (nds).

I believe that Polish and French had special designs for it in the
past, but they appear to be regular now.

How effective was it? I don't know.

Doing an A/B test of this should be quite easy, and can be done in any language.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬