[Wikimedia-l] Featuring the edit tab in Vector (by making it red)

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:48:30 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Jan Kučera <kozuch82 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> everybody speaks here about editor retention and how we dont know the
> reasons for editing decline. What about highlighting the the edit tab some
> special color (maybe red) like this:
>
> http://postimage.org/image/u7060y3bf/

That's an interesting idea. Maybe it gradually transitions from the
current look for Featured Articles, to something bright and
eye-catching for a tiny stub with cleanup tags.

More broadly, I wonder if the E3 team could test a bunch of minor
interface changes like that simultaneously, to see what (if anything)
people can come up with that makes a big impact with a small change.
I'm there are many little CSS changes that could be interesting to
test.

-Sage