[Wikimedia-l] compromise?

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 5 13:13:23 UTC 2013

If you know nothing about surveys or statistics it is probably a good idea
not to describe a properly calculated metric (yes, I sat down and did the
math) as absurd, and then claim efficacy of your own informal survey.

Just sayin.

Incidentally I am not sure your point about the glassdoor reviews really
rebuts mine re the value of paying more money.

If we pay more to the current staff will they be a lot more productive
(hint; this doesn't often equate in the way you'd expect) or wil lthose
hard problems become easier?

And does increased wage offerings attract more competent staff? Again, this
does not always work out as you expect.

James, please don't take this the wrong way but all of your contribution so
far seems to be "Google educated", without any practical experience to
guide your words. I'm sorry if that is not the case, but you do appear to
be rolling out a lot of the "rookie" viewpoints on many different fronts.

Tom