[Wikimedia-l] Editor retention (was Re: "Big data" benefits and limitations (relevance: WMF editor engagement, fundraising, and HR practices))

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:47:30 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoekstra at gmail.com
> wrote:

> This is pretty cool cool. How hard would it be to hack together something
> like the curation tool for which I have much love, but for recent changes
> by newbies instead?

Not radically more difficult than Special:NewPagesFeed, would be my guess.
I would think you could actually adapt the Curation Toolbar it uses for
this purpose as well.

If anyone's interested in working on it, I'm happy to help; a specialized
welcoming interface is something in the E3 backlog of ideas, but which we
haven't focused on yet.