[Wikimedia-l] Info: Election for WCA Chairperson

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:04:00 UTC 2013

Thomas Dalton, 25/02/2013 10:50:
> On Feb 25, 2013 9:41 AM, "James Alexander" <jamesofur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Err .... ok, I'm sorry but this actually moves to the realms of scary. You
>> require the new Council member to send in a statement ... pledging loyalty
>> essentially? I don't see anything in the charter that would require
>> something like that, is it in your remit as chair? Sadly that just sounds
>> like a way to force out reformers, if you don't support the charter you
>> can't join the council? How do you expect to get things to change when
>> necessary?
>
> I'm hoping that was just a poor choice of words and Fae doesn't mean they
> have to support the charter, just that they have to agree to follow the
> charter. If they do have to support the charter, then that is excessive and
> undesirable.

Again, I'm unable to grasp the supposed difference, is this a native
speakers-only point or does it carry some actual relevance?
Adhering to, following or supporting the charter all mean the same to
me. The charter includes rules for its democratical reformation...
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Charter#Section_A:_The_Association>

Nemo