[Wikimedia-l] Your support is wanted: The WMF Board of Trustees is looking for a new Board member

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:04:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> Not really, there are many alternatives. One of them is a NomCom which
> works... how? no idea.

So, a one time committee from 2008 made up of largely the same individuals
as the ones who will decide now, in a closed process? Sure, though I think
they might work with some dark conjuring magic and arcane rituals. :P

Even if to assume that this closed unknown process would work again, it
still leaves off half the process of advertising the position, arranging
the actual interviews, logistics and then doing things like background
checks etc.. Also, its better an outside firm approaches a candidate and
corresponds with the board/WMF on their behalf, rather than what might be
future colleagues/board members/boss interviewing and judging them first.

I still think its better to leave those things to a professional firm.

Regards
Theo