[Wikimedia-l] Are chapters part of the community and board seats for affiliates?

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:40:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Christophe Henner <
christophe.henner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm I might be mistaken but WMF board members, selected or not by
> chapters, haven't access to chapter-l. But I might be mistaken on that.
>
> --
> Christophe

Correct; I didn't have access to chapters-l before, during or after being
selected (or after leaving the board). I have no idea what people said
about me, which is totally fine. What *wasn't* fine, in my opinion, is that
lots of other non-chapter people were surprised when the chapter-selected
seat results were announced in 2010, because it wasn't very clear that a
process was even going on. As Bence said, this improved a lot in 2012, so
that's great.

-- Phoebe, who is also a little biased about being "part of the community"
:P

--
* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *