[Wikimedia-l] Chapters association mailing list

J Alexandr Ledbury-Romanov alexandrdmitriromanov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:54:44 UTC 2013

Firstly I'm deliberately starting a new thread, rather than creating
another fork from the 'Looking back at the London Conference' thread, which
has already gone off on multiple tangents. Secondly, I'm posting purely as
a list subscriber.

I'm glad that the some of the Chapters association members are keen on open
and transparent communication on Meta, and on public lists. I also agree
that some information may concern or interest a large number of the
Wikimedia-l and/or Wikimedia-announcements-l lists. That said, I would
favour a creation of a separate mailing list for the routine communication
of the Chapters association.

For those who cry that there are already too many lists, I would counter
that Wikimedia-l is already a high volume list, and that I personally would
prefer to opt-in to Chapters association communication, rather than have it
by default sent to everyone.

Alex