[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation's support of OTRS

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 05:47:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Rjd0060 <rjd0060.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> To clarify, the Foundation support that would be appreciated here is from
> the tech/ops group.  We've had good response from other staff on related
> issues, and that is much appreciated.
>
> --
>
> Ryan
> User:Rjd0060

To clarify even further, from my perspective:

I've been an Volunteer Response Team agent since 2009, and a leader (OTRS
admin) since 2010.   In that time the control of OTRS moved from a function
that had a designated staff role of "control" to one of community
management.  In the past two and a half years Philippe has been our contact
for support from the Wikimedia Foundation, and he has done a fantastic job
supporting myself and the time with advice and Foundation resources as they
have been gathered.  Over the past year, Maggie Dennis has transitioned
into this role as the Foundation rep for OTRS.  She has done an equally
wonderful job in being proactive and helping us with our thoughts and needs.

I would in no way construe the support we've gotten from LCA than anything
less than they have to give as far as they have been able to get us.

Yes, that is a very long sentence.

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan