[Wikimedia-l] Notice of Final Eligibility for FDC Grants

Garfield Byrd gbyrd at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 20 23:14:04 UTC 2013

*Dear Wikimedia Community,

As you know, the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) [1] makes
recommendations to the WMF Board of Trustees on how to allocate movement
funds to best meet Wikimedia goals and strategic priorities. More on the
processes and structure of the FDC are in the framework. [2] We are now
entering the second round of funding.

I am pleased to share that the Foundation has announced the list of
entities that are eligible to apply for FDC funding for annual plans.
[3]  These
entities are: Wikimedia Australia, **Wikimedia * Česká republika, *Wikimedia
France, **Wikimedia Hong Kong, **Wikimedia Indonesia*, **Wikimedia**Italia,
**Wikimedia Norge, and **Wikimedia Philippines*. *
*
*
*Based on the established eligibility criteria** [4]** outlined in the
framework, eligible entities were notified about their eligibility status
and of the need to close any gaps by February 15. Entities did not close
those gaps are still able to apply for funding from the Wikimedia Grants
program. [5]*
*
Applications from Round 2 eligible entities are due March 1, 2013, end of
day UTC. The FDC proposal creation tool has been posted on the FDC portal
on Meta and is ready for use. We strongly encourage eligible entities to
begin filling out the proposals to the FDC well in advance of the March 1
deadline, particularly to support time for translation, if necessary, and
to answer any questions or clarifications. The FDC staff is ready and able
to help as needed. Please contact the FDC staff at FDCsupport at wikimedia.org

We look forward to reviewing the Round 2 proposals. We invite all members
of the community to participate in the community review of proposals, which
will take place from March 1-31. [6]

All the best,*
*
Garfield Byrd, WMF Chief of Finance and Administration*
*
*
** Final eligibility pending acceptance of grant report **
*
* *
*[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal*
*[2]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/Framework_for_the_Creation_and_Initial_Operation_of_the_FDC
[3]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Eligibility_status/2012-2013_round2
[4] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Eligibility_criteria
[5] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index
*
[6] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Proposal_process
--
Garfield Byrd
Chief of Finance and Administration

the sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!

*https://donate.wikimedia.org*