[Wikimedia-l] Your support is wanted: The WMF Board of Trustees is looking for a new Board member

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 07:56:58 UTC 2013

Samuel Klein, 18/02/2013 01:31:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo)
> wrote:
>> Indeed there's nothing to be surprised of, m/Oppenheim has always been used.
>
> Actually, the last time we were looking for a new appointed Trustee we
> had a NomCom in place and worked with the recruiter Eunice Azzani -
> though at the time we were already working with m|Oppenheim for staff
> searches.
> [ http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Minutes/August_24-25,_2009 ]

Yes, sorry, I didn't mean specifically for the board appointment.
It's been clear for some time that the board didn't want to rely on a
open/committee process like NomCom for the final screening of
candidates, so I gave that for granted.
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.org.wikimedia.foundation/53592/>
The work Gayle described is huge and very important, so someone must do
it; but it is supposed not to influence the decision-makers (i.e. the
board directly this time), assuming that criteria for initial screening
are clear.

Nemo