[Wikimedia-l] Tullio - Twice25

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:50:43 UTC 2013

His talk pages already has had almost as many condolences as Aaron's...

Marco Chiesa, 16/02/2013 11:23:
> Dear all,
>    yesterday was a very sad day for the community of the Italian
> Wikipedia. We received the news that User:Twice25, also known by his
> real name Tullio, passed away. Tullio start editing it.wp in 2003, and
> contributed with more than 130k edits. He always refused any proposal
> for adminship, but nonetheless he has been really influential in the
> growth of the project, always willing to give advice to anyone needing
> it. He also organised a few of the earliest WikiMeetings in his
> beloved Genoa. We have lost a great Wikipedian, but above all we have
> lost a friend.

It was also the 5th "international" meeting in Europe (including Jimbo
presence), three weeks after the first in London:
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedian_meetings_in_Europe&oldid=61336#27th_June_:_.28Genoa.29_Genova>
<https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_a_Genova,_capitale_europea_della_cultura_2004>
<https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_a_Genova,_capitale_europea_della_cultura_2004/Galleria_fotografica>
There were only two meetups before that in Italy (instigated by
Fantasy), one at CNR in Milan and one at Gac's place in Piacenza.
<https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Raduni#2004>
He also contributed to other earliest outreach efforts of the community,
like
<https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Primo_comunicato_stampa>

Nemo