[Wikimedia-l] Community-Driven Video Production

Victor Grigas vgrigas at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 15 23:20:02 UTC 2013

Hello everyone on Wikimedia-l

My name is Victor, I am storyteller at the Wikimedia Foundation in San
Francisco, and I've been a volunteer editor since 2005:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Victorgrigas

I have an idea that I'd like to propose:

Since Wikipedia is open and collaborative, I thought that video
collaboration should also be left open to the community, so I just wrote
this on the Village Pump Idea Lab:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(idea_lab)#Community-Driven_Video_Production_Portal

It is a proposal to create a forum where anyone can propose ideas that
should be made into video. Those ideas can be polished and then a producer
who is willing to volunteer (Wikipedian or otherwise) can read through
scripts and produce the content they want to.

This forum would serve video production on Wikipedia generally, not just
for the work that i'm doing.

Thanks for reading & I'd be happy to know your thoughts.

--

*Victor Grigas*
Storyteller <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Knv6D6Thi0>
vgrigas at wikimedia.org