[Wikimedia-l] WikiWomen's History Month

Sarah Stierch sarah.stierch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:10:40 UTC 2013

Hi Yaroslav,

I'm pretty limited on my volunteer time right now due to my work, but,
you can find a to-do list that is being build out (at least for English
Wikipedia) here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiWomen%27s_History_Month/To-do_list

Thanks for spreading the word and being bold!

-Sarah

On 2/15/13 12:24 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:18:52 -0800, Sarah Stierch wrote:
>> [Pardon the cross-posts - and the English message]  - Please forward
>> as well!
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> March is Women's History Month, and this will be the second year for
>> WikiWomen's History Month, an *international* collaborative event that
>> takes place offline at edit-a-thons and online through project
>> focuses. Events and projects focus on improving women's history
>> coverage on any language project. We have a page on English Wikipedia,
>> like last year, to gather all of the events:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiWomen%27s_History_Month
>>
>> So far we have events in South America, Europe and the United States.
>>
>> I hope you'll consider throwing an event in your town, village, or
>> city - or do a women's history focus for your WikiProject - large or
>> small!
>>
>> Sarah
>
> Hi Sarah,
>
> this is interesting, but are you also organizing a drive? I am not
> really interested in hosting an event, or even participating in one,
> but I can consider creating a couple of articles myself. Is there a
> page to collect new / considerable expanded articles? One could also
> think about using them for DYK.
>
> Cheers
> Yaroslav

*Sarah Stierch*