[Wikimedia-l] New members for the Affiliations Committee

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Wed Feb 13 19:59:08 UTC 2013

Dear all,

As you may have noticed, in December there was a call for new members for
the affiliations committee. The affiliations committee is entrusted to
advise the Board of Trustees on matters of recognition of new movement
affiliates, such as Chapters, Thematic Organizations and User Groups.

I am happy to be able to say that this call resulted in 18 applications!
After a thorough discussion, the Committee members that were not part of
this selection procedure have passed a resolution, appointing 7 of these
applicants as member of the committee.[1]

Therefore, I'm proud to announce that the following people have been
appointed as member of the Affiliations Committee until 31 December 2014:

   - Jeromy-Yu Chan (re-appointment)
   - Carlos Colina
   - Bence Damokos (re-appointment)
   - Josh Lim
   - Salvador Alcántar Morán
   - Tanvir Rahman
   - Greg Varnum

Congratulations to the new appointees! You can find a full overview of the
members on [2].

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the outgoing members who
spent valuable time in the past years on the affiliations committee:
Sebastian Moleski, Ray Saintonge and Damian Finol. Sebastian and Ray have
served the committee since 2010, and Damian was the longest serving member,
being appointed in 2007! Thanks a lot for your time and effort in the past
years.

I look forward to an exciting time, with many applicants in the pipeline to
be (hopefully) approved!

Best regards,

Lodewijk Gelauff
selection coordinator