[Wikimedia-l] Loading remote resources on Wikimedia wikis

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Fri Feb 8 19:45:05 UTC 2013

Hi.

As I understand it, loading remote resources on Wikimedia wikis (such as
YouTube videos or Google Analytics JavaScript) is not allowed. The basic
principle is that any remote resources must be loaded from domains that
also adhere to Wikimedia's privacy policy (such as toolserver.org) or be
opt-in (such as the recent fundraising videos that were on YouTube, but
carried an explicit warning).

Is this correct? And if so, is this documented anywhere? I looked at
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_policy>, but this didn't
seem to be explicitly mentioned there. Perhaps there's a page on Meta-Wiki
somewhere? Does anyone know?

MZMcBride