[Wikimedia-l] Strange, surprising, bold and unnecessary - reply to the WMF board statement

Mathieu Stumpf psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Wed Feb 6 09:39:21 UTC 2013

Hello Itzik Edri,

Before reading me, please keep in mind I'm not familiar with all the
WMF bureaucracy, I'm following sparsely this list for one month or two,
so take care to interpret my sentences with the trunked view which is
available to me.

Le 2013-02-05 22:22, Itzik Edri a écrit :
> Let's face it - how much support to really establish the WCA the
> foundation
> gave until now?

How much support do we need? That's the question which really bother
me. Even with no support from WMF, organizing local chapters is a good
way to spread and make sustainable the willingness to share knowledge
and build great things together.

> What disappointment is the lack of constructive response. How the
> board
> think he could help and change? How he may ask the foundation the
> chapters
> to try find a way to change (and change is indeed need). Or if they
> going
> to lead a process to find other solution to support the chapters (as
> they
> say themselves is needed, according to approving Sue narrow focus
> recommendations). Real leadership is to help, not just to reject.

Personally, I'm not seeking for some leader. I don't contribute
wikimedia projects because I trust some leader, but because I think
that's a way to improve the world for all of us. So, I don't think you
need a leader, but if you need some help for a project which goes in the
same way as wikimedia ones do, surely I would be proud to help you if I
can. May I help you ?

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/