[Wikimedia-l] Outcome of Wikimedia board discussion on the Chapters Association

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:48:44 UTC 2013

Presumably Round 1 disbursements have already been made, which means that
the chapters in receipt of funds can choose to spend them how they see fit.
But I don't recall seeing plans to donate money to the WCA in funding
requests to the FDC, and I suspect that since the WMF has chosen not to
recognize the WCA any chapter that donates a portion of their FDC funding
to the WCA will find it difficult to receive funds again in the current or
subsequent rounds. Nemo seems to be saying that is self-evident, but it
doesn't seem so clear cut to me.