[Wikimedia-l] Resolution: Media about living people

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 09:32:58 UTC 2013

Hoi,
I am really interested in how you think this will work out when Commons is
going to use Wikidata. The planning is that in half a year the Wikidata
team will start work on implementing something for Commons. It will include
tagging. So for me a picture will be tagged and indicate who is in a
picture. Consequently a person can be found in any language as long as you
get the spelling right.

As it is there are plenty of people of questionable notability in Wikidata
and at the same time there are plenty notable people from many countries
lacking. If the same criteria for notability for Americans is used for the
rest of the world... the number of people known to Wikidata will grow a lot
bigger.
Thanks,
      GerardM