[Wikimedia-l] The Wikipedia Gap

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Dec 10 13:42:49 UTC 2013

In terms of specific articles to create, there is also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedic_articles

That project collects articles that exist in wide range of other
encyclopedias, but don't yet exist on Wikipedia. However that's not
covering quite the same concerns as the systemic-bias discussion, since
many of those encyclopedias themselves have similar biases. Nonetheless
this kind of comparison can be useful to find specific gaps in coverage
that, equally importantly, are "actionable" in the sense that at least
one source to base an article on exists.

-Mark