[Wikimedia-l] Registration open for Chapter Board workshop

Chris Keating chriskeatingwiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 17:59:17 UTC 2013

***Registration is now open for the Wikimedia Boards Training Workshop in
London, 1-2 March 2014.***

Are you a Board member of a Wikimedia Chapter or Thematic Organisation?
Then this workshop is for you! We are drawing on expertise from within the
Wikimedia movement and beyond to produce a two-day training session which
will aim to give Board members the skills and knowledge to do a great job.

The programme and venue details for the workshop is here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Boards_training_workshop_March_2014

You can register for the event here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/register?orderid=233759341483

Registration is open to all Wikimedia chapter / thematic org board members
but those who have, or expect to recruit, staff will gain the most out of
it. Registration costs £50, and accommodation options will cost £70 or cost
£120 per night. There is a maximum of 20 places available.

Some frequently asked questions:

* Are there scholarships?
Yes. If your chapter / organisation is not able to cover the costs, please
fill in the "Will you require a scholarship to attend?" box on the form
with an estimate of how much your travel will be. There will be a number of
scholarships on offer. All scholarships offered will cover registration,
food, accommodation and travel (no-one is expected to pay for this event
out of their own pocket). We will be in touch with everyone requesting a
scholarship within 2 weeks with a definite answer.

* What if my attendance depends on visas / being re-elected?
If you register but are unable to attend because of visa issues, or if you
leave your organisation's Board before the workshop, we will offer your
place to someone else from your chapter/organisation. Also, if you need a
visa, Wikimedia UK will help (e.g. with a letter of invitation).

* This is a great idea but is too far away from me - what can I do?
This is a first step and hopefully, if it succeeds, there will be more
similar events in future. (Hopefully not all of them will be in London or
in English, either). If you feel that training and supporting boards is
important, then you can also raise this in the calls for programme for the
Wikimedia Conference and Wikimania.

Regards,

Chris
on behalf of Wikimedia UK and the organising committee