[Wikimedia-l] Increase in page views for the last 3 months

Brad Jorsch (Anomie) bjorsch at wikimedia.org
Mon Dec 2 15:18:08 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Christian Aistleitner
<christian at quelltextlich.at> wrote:
> . No other requests to Special:MWOAuth/ , Special:OAuth/ . Should we
> already see traffic to those endpoints?

Not a whole lot, yet, and it may never really get to be *that* many.
On the other hand, maybe it will. It certainly shouldn't ever get
anywhere near the level of Special:CentralAutoLogin.

The /initiate you saw should have been followed by a call to
/authorize and then likely a call to /token, but of course those could
have missed the sampling. We've also got /verified, /identify, and
/grants in there.

Of all these, /authorize, /verified, and /grants are the only ones
that could remotely be considered a real pageview. You can see
/authorize by going to
https://tools.wmflabs.org/oauth-hello-world/enduser.php and clicking
the "Make an edit" button, /verified at
https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special:OAuth/verified&oauth_verifier=1234&oauth_token=5678,