[Wikimedia-l] Dillon gallery?

Renata St renatawiki at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 00:09:03 UTC 2013

Hi, so I got this snail mail with an invitation(?) to an event(?) at Dillon
Gallery on Oct 1 for a suggested(?) donation of $500... and it left me
confused more than anything else.

What's the event about? I can't find anything anywhere else (not that I
looked very hard). I understand it's a fundraising function, but besides
that? If I go there, what am I going to get (other than Cocktails & Hors
d'oeuvres)?

What if I don't do the suggested donation?

On a whole different level, since when does Wikimedia do fundraising
events? I thought it was a policy to abandon attempts to gain major donors
and to focus on the $10 donations? When did that change?

In short: huh???

R.