[Wikimedia-l] is wikipedia zero illegal because it violates net neutrality?

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 23:03:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com>wrote:

> Andreas:
>
> > The most obvious benefits of the arrangement to the Wikimedia Foundation
> > are increased page views, an enhanced Alexa ranking, enhanced worldwide
> > brand name recognition, and an even more dominant role in the global
> > information market place.
>

> Is this not our organizaitonal goal being fulfilled?

Well, you asked, below: [1]

---o0o---

And to the extent there are such, are we associated with this provider in
some way that causes us to be their service in some preferred way to their
or our benefit?  What benefit do we get?

---o0o---

I was answering your question.

Andreas

[1] http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2013-August/127746.html