[Wikimedia-l] IEG Committee looking for new members this week

Siko Bouterse sbouterse at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 27 22:53:49 UTC 2013

Hi all,
The Individual Engagement Grants Committee is still looking for a few new
members to join us!

We know, you maybe have committee fatigue and are always being asked to
join something.  Or, you've never served on a committee before and it seems
like too much work.  But this will be fun, we promise!

Some reasons why you might want to join:

1. IEG projects might impact a wiki you love.  Help decide which individual
community members and which new ideas should get grants of up to $30,000 to
improve one or more Wikimedia projects.

2. We're reasonably organized, but not overly serious.  We've got a scoring
rubric to help you evaluate proposals, a cat mascot to keep you company,
and COI guidelines to keep you safe.

3. We're interested in learning new things, and so are you. We can teach
you about grantmaking to individuals and you'll teach us about some awesome
Wikimedia thing that you know all about.

4. You can focus on reviewing proposals related to an area of interest you
like best: Online community organizing, Offline outreach and partnerships,
Tools, or Research.

5. We think having lots of people with lots of different perspectives help
decide things is a good idea, and so do you.

6. It is easy to sign up.  Please add your name, a statement and answer 2
brief questions by Friday 30 Aug.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Committee

Best wishes,
Siko & the IEG Committee